Protect Your Family’s Future
Your family is your highest priority. When your spouse or child needs you, you are always happy to be there. But, who will care for your family if something happens to you?
Many people think that estate planning is only for the very rich. But, proper estate planning can help you protect your family’s future regardless of your income level. Melinda M. Previtera , Attorney at Law works with South Jersey and Philadelphia area families to protect assets and assure that a plan is in place for the care of loved ones if the unthinkable should occur.
Melinda M. Previtera’s estate planning services include:
- Wills: A will allows you to decide who receives your assets and belongings after your death. If you do not have a will, this decision is made by the courts. This may cause long-term financial hardship for your family. Lack of a will can be especially problematic for non-traditional families. Unless you specifically specify that your unmarried partner is your beneficiary, your estate may go to your biological family members. Melinda M. Previtera can help you create a will that protects your family and ensures that your wishes are met.
- Guardianships of Children: If you have minor children, it is important that you have a plan for their care. Melinda M. Previtera can help you create a plan for the guardianship of your child. She will help you create the legal documents needed to ensure that your child is cared for if the worst should happen and help you plan for the management of any financial assets your child will inherit.
- Arrangements for Adult Children with Special Needs: Parents of children with disabilities have a unique concern: their child needs life-long care. Melinda M. Previtera works with families to assign guardians and ensure that the child’s needs are met. Call (856) 942-0150 to learn more about options for the future of your special needs child.
- Living Will/Advance Directives: An advance directive allows your wishes to be known if you are ever unable to make your own decisions about your health and treatment. An advance directive outlines your wishes regarding resuscitation, medical treatments, and life support. Melinda M. Previtera can also help you designate a health care power of attorney.
- Durable Power of Attorney: A durable power of attorney allows you to assign someone you trust to handle your affairs if you are unable to make your own financial decisions.
- LGBT Estate Planning: Same-sex partners are often ineligible for many of the benefits that are automatically provided to straight couples. Melinda M. Previtera with non-traditional families to create an estate plan that will make certain that your wishes are met. If you move out of state, Melinda M. Previtera can work with you to modify your estate plan to fit the laws of the other state.
Plan now to protect your family’s future. Contact Melinda M. Previtera, Attorney at Law information on wills, trusts, guardianships, and probate.