Adoption, divorce, and even marriage can be complicated and stressful matters that require an attorney’s help. Family law deals with the many changes that can affect New Jersey families, but there are no one-size-fits-all solutions.

family law attorneysYour family is unique. When you need a family law attorney, you want someone who appreciates the differences that make your family special. You want a family lawyer who will help your family through all life’s changes and guide you towards the best possible outcome.

Our family law attorneys offer a complete range of family law services:

Adoption & Surrogate Parenthood: Adoption and surrogacy are one option for New Jersey couples and individuals who would like to add a child to their household. Melinda M. Previtera oversees the legal aspects of adoption and surrogate parenthood in order to ensure that your family’s interests are protected now and in the future. Schedule a consultation to discuss private adoptions, 3rd party adoptions, surrogate adoptions, and other adoption options.

 Prenuptial Agreements: Many people believe that prenuptial agreements are only for the wealthy; however, many New Jersey couples use prenuptial agreements to protect their assets for their children and to make sure that a well-thought out plan is in place in case the worst happens. Please call (201) 655-7204 to discuss how a prenuptial agreement can help you clarify financial rights and responsibilities and plan for the future.

LGBT and Non-Traditional Families: Although New Jersey law protects the marital rights of gay and lesbian couples, same-sex couples may still face discrimination in many areas, including adoption, child custody, support, division of property, workplace benefits, and inheritance rights. Unmarried partners may also face legal difficulties because of the prejudices of others. Melinda M. Previtera is happy to assist both traditional and non-traditional families with all aspects of New Jersey family law.

Divorce: Divorce is an emotional experience. Even a friendly divorce may quickly become hostile when former partners disagree on property division, child custody or support. Melinda would like your divorce to be your first step to a more positive future. Call us at (201) 655-7204 to discuss divorce options, including mediation, no-fault divorce, collaborative divorce and litigated divorce.

Child Support: Every child deserves parental support. Melinda M. Previtera, Attorney at Law will work with you to make sure your child is provided for financially. She can also help you make plans to protect your child’s financial future. Call (201) 655-7204 to discuss your child’s right to financial support.

Child Custody & Visitation: As a parent, you want the best for your child. Melinda M. Previtera will help you find the best child custody solution available for your family under New Jersey family law. Whether you have a traditional or non-traditional family, her priority is always the well-being of your child.

Estate Planning: Are your loved ones protected if something happens to you? Whether your goal is to assign guardianship of your children or ensure that your same-sex spouse receives death benefits, Melinda’s goal is to provide peace of mind so you can live your life knowing your wishes will be followed after your death. Contact us for additional information on wills, trusts, guardianships, and probate.