Changing Your Divorce Agreement – Divorce is Forever, A Divorce Agreement is not

When you divorced, you and your ex made legally binding decisions about your property and your children. The decisions you made about custody and support were based on your circumstances at the time. However, circumstances change. The best solution at the time of your divorce may no longer fit your life.

If your custody, support or visitation agreement doesn’t meet your current needs, a legal modification may be needed. You may request a modification of the divorce agreement if:

  • Your income is reduced because you are laid off or involuntarily lose your job
  • You retire from your job
  • Your job requires you to relocate
  • Your ex-spouse relocates
  • Your ex-spouse remarries
  • Your ex-spouse’s income significantly increases
  • You are seriously ill or have become disabled
  • Your child has additional financial needs
  • Your income significantly decreases for any other involuntary reason

If your divorce agreement is not working for you, contact Melinda M. Previtera at 856-942-0150. Melinda can assist with any of the following:

  • Modification of child custody or visitation
  • Changing the amount of alimony payments
  • Changing your child support agreement
  • Terminating child support or alimony
  • Supplementing the terms of your current divorce agreement
  • Enforcement of your divorce agreement

You Can’t Plan for Everything: Supplementing Your New Jersey Divorce

Ideally, your divorce agreement will be designed to protect you and your children now and in the future. But, sometimes circumstances come up that are not addressed in the divorce agreement. This could include a child’s illness, the need to pay for higher education, or a drastic change in income.

Common post-divorce issues include:

  • Child support modification
  • Child custody modification
  • Health insurance for dependent children
  • Medical care for ill or disabled children
  • Extension or modification of alimony
  • Childcare and educational costs
  • Emancipation

When your divorce agreement doesn’t cover your current situation, attorney Melinda M. Previtera can help. Melinda works with ex-spouses to resolve post-divorce issues quickly and amicably. She works hard to find creative solutions to everyday issues. When a mutual agreement isn’t possible, Melinda M. Previtera can represent you in court.

When Your Ex Won’t Play by the Rules – Enforcing Your Divorce Agreement

A divorce agreement is a legally binding document. Your ex is required to pay any ordered support in a timely manner. If your ex-spouse has refuses to pay child support or alimony, you may need to file an enforcement motion with the New Jersey courts. Melinda M. Previtera can help file paperwork for enforcement of child support, alimony, health insurance coverage, custody or visitation.